mardi 9 décembre 2014

SHARING THE LIFE OF AN UWC STUDENT


                Film studies

   Today, i would like to talk about one of my subjects. As you may know, the IB proposes a 6th subject related to arts. I took film studies. This class is probably unknown for my moroccan compatriots. Let me then resume what it is.               Film studies is a subject that teach the 7th art: cinema. It consists in different parts which will give you skills to began film projects. The basics are learnt by theory courses. We see how a production works and who are the different components of the team. We learn the rules of angles, lights or camera movements.              We then apply the theory to the practise by going around the campus and shooting with professional cameras. This course is very special and interesting. Finally, a movie doesn’t have only a form but also a theme and a meaning. Trough the analysis of different movies, we learn how to express feelings with images, sounds… After 4 months, i saw to the quality of my projects going further than what i was expecting. Making film is a passion. I improve myself day after day. I am interesting in this since many years but it was always in self-learning. Now, i can go ahead with my knowledge and put in practise what i learn.          Here is a link, at the bottom, of an example of the projects i have to do for the class. It was an interesting assignment because the teacher let us free to do whatever we wanted, the only restriction was the number of shots composing the video. I wish you will appreciate it. This is the first film of a long set.                         I will try to share my experience here in India trough my movies. Enjoy! And don’t forget, do what you like. Because without noticing it, you will put 100% of yourself in it and do things that will have an impact on you and may be the others.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire